Procedure of treatment
1. What are pre-operation procedures?
Any patient interested in the procedure may contact the Clinic to arrange an appointment. After a detailed interview, the doctor orders the patient to perform necessary tests, which must be delivered by e-mail, fax or in person. Tests can be done in family medical centers or by Prof. Witold Orłowski, who is located near our Clinic. After a careful examination by Dr Grzesiak and her approval of the procedure, a convenient time is set.
On the day of surgery you should appear in the Clinic at a pre-determined time, keeping in mind following recommendations:
- Please take your identity card, pajamas and personal belongings
- Please arrive fasting and without makeup and without jewelry, do not apply body lotion after bath, please wash your head before surgery
- If you are planning to return home after the surgery it is recommended to ask someone to help you between 19:00 and 21:00.
- The following day the patient can be picked up at 13:00
- Please remove hair from intimate areas for abdominal and intimate surgery
2. What is the recovery period?
For each patient the recovery period is different, but our team takes care of it as quickly and painlessly as possible. Prior to each treatment, we explain to the patient how to prepare for regeneration, how to take care of postoperative wounds and what medications should not be used. We also offer additional solutions, such as meeting with a medical coordinator or dietician, who will assist in complex regeneration.
3. Are the treatments safe? Are postoperative complications possible?
Plastic surgery shapes and regenerates the living tissue, so there is the possibility of complications like during any other medical procedures. Our Clinic has a professional and experienced team that cares for all procedures to go smoothly and without complications. You will find all information about possible complications on our website.
4. Are the treatments performed with anesthesia?
Yes, all surgical procedures are painless because they are performed in the appropriate anesthesia. Each patient is treated individually and the anesthetics are selected by a qualified anesthesiologist according to the needs and complexity of the procedure being performed.
5. Waiting for surgery?
Each treatment is preceded by a consultation, during which Dr Grzesiak explains the details of the surgery, the recovery period and clarifies any doubts. Some patients need time to decide on the treatment, others from the beginning are determined. Each patient is dedicated to the right amount of time, adjusting the time of the treatment to individual needs.
The whole procedure usually takes 1-4 weeks.
6. When and how to pay for the treatment?
The surgery should be paid for before the date of the operation. There is a possibility to pay for the treatment by bank transfer or cash. Prices of treatments depend on the complexity and type of surgery and the type of anesthesia used. 23% VAT is added to the price list for medical services.
7. Are plastic surgeries covered by insurance?
Plastic and aesthetic surgery are not covered by insurance. On the other hand, reconstructive and aesthetic surgery, which is used to protect health, may be exempt from tax.
During the consultation we will provide you with all the necessary information and we will discuss any doubts.
8. What does the distinction from The American Society For Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) given to Dr Grzesiak mean?
The Mark of Distinction in Cosmetic Plastic Surgery® ASAPS is given only to the elitist group of plastic surgeons, with extensive experience in facial and body plastic surgery. Distinction ASAPS is awarded only to the best specialists who have the highest qualifications. There are only 3000 members around the world.